Thursday, November 3, 2011

J.Crew Is Cracked Up

J.Crew is like a drug. 
It's crack that's legal. 
They made nice clothes before, and they were sort of expensive but not impossibly expensive. I liked the products. Then they began to make nicer clothes and increased the prices somewhat. I was hooked. Then they started making really lovely clothing at yet higher prices, and I admired the clothes and shook my head at the prices. J.Crew continues to make increasingly beautiful garments at increasingly stiff prices once reserved for the likes of labels most people consider to be luxury items. It's become a monster of selling luxury priced clothing to the masses who like me can't really afford it but will still go buy some things from time to time (the fit! the fabric! the colors and fresh designs!)
It's my monster. Yet the clothes are so beautiful and some things come in PETITES which is hugely important when you have shorter legs and getting alterations adds time and money to every pair of regular pants you would otherwise buy.
It's terrible. It's materialism at its worst because it makes me and many other women covet things. I love it, I hate it. We need an episode of the TV show INTERVENTION that is about gross J.Crew addictions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment