Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Michael Phelps Is A CETACEAN (a whale, porpoise, or dolphin)

 Dear Michael Phelps,
I am a dinky swimmer. As a child signed up for a swim team called the Blue Dolphins, I began in the beginner's lane, and while other children moved up lanes as they improved, I remained forever in the beginner's lane.

But I enjoyed swimming for fun, and I still do. I am recently learning that with the help of a Speedo nose plug, I can do a dinky flip turn, which I could not do when I was little. That said, I've been watching videos on YouTube on how to do a flip turn, and I saw your video: Michael Phelps Flip Turn-- Cetacean Style. As you push off the wall and swim underwater back up to the surface, all I could think was that you look exactly like a cetacean. Maybe not a whale, but definitely a porpoise or a dolphin-- see? Porpoises looking exactly like Phelps. The resemblance is uncanny. Here you are in the top photo (or is the bottom photo? I can't tell which is the dolphin and which is you):

Well, I just thought you should know that you are a cetacean after all, and the gold medals reflect that.
Your flip turn fan,
Julie Park (Everyone has this name. It's impossible to tell one Julie Park online apart from another. It's amazing to use your real name on the Internet and still be totally anonymous. It's also amazing that you are a cetacean.)


No comments:

Post a Comment